When it comes to yoga accessories, the market is saturated with variants. Do you chose the $10 mat with the cool design, or the $100 mat with fifty different certifications? Which accessories do you really need for your practice? When is it worth investing more?
As a frugal-minded person myself, it can be difficult to dish out a lot of cash on something I’m just going to be setting my feet on. Nevertheless, I have found that there are economical options out there for responsible, high quality products.
The following list was put together after examining accessories for the following features: eco-friendly, non-toxic, high user rating and charitable outcomes. Without compromising on quality, I also took into consideration cost.
For experienced yogis wanting to add a durable, eco-friendly mat to their practice, Dynactive is the highest-rated, most qualified mat we could find. Rated 4.6 on Amazon.
- 1/4″ (7mm) thick
- high density TPE foam (see chart above)
- Non-toxic: no PVC nor latex
2. Fit Spirit® Yoga Starter Set Kit ($32.95)
- 1/4″ (6mm) thick, eco-friendly, TPE mat
- 8 ft strap
- 9″ x 6″ x 4″ foam block
- 2 microfiber towels: large and small
3. Master of Yoga Eco-Foam Block ($9.95)
Not looking for a full kit, but still would like to develop your routine with some earth-friendly yoga accessories? Check out this Eco-Foam block. Rated 4.8 on Amazon.
- 9″ x 6″ x 4″dimensions
- EVA recycled foam
- lifetime warranty
4. Seat Of Your Soul’s Premium Cork Block ($15.97)
For some, a cork block can offer the stability and earthly feel that synthetic foam blocks cannot. While cork is definitely heavier than foam, Seat of Your Soul promises a “lighter, denser, more finely compressed” quality cork over competitors. Rated 5 stars on Amazon.
- 9″ x 6″ x 3″ dimensions
- sustainable harvesting
- portion of proceeds go to Charity Water and Pencils of Promise
- BONUS GIFTS: guided meditation audio & beginner’s yoga video
5. Zafu Yoga Meditation Cushion ($37.95 – $77.01)
Of course, yoga is more than making obscure angles with one’s body. Meditation is crucial for maintaining emotional, mental and even physical balance. These meditation pillows offer a practical way to remain grounded yet comfortable during seated meditation. They are available in 13″ diameter or 18″ diameter dimensions and are made locally in Chicago, IL. Rated 4.4 stars on Amazon.
- filled with locally-grown buckwheat
- extra-soft cotton or hemp fabric